With more people going for the Power-User status, we have come across a very real need to have a case that will allow for enough airflow to keep everything running as cool as possible. I can't even put a number to the times that folks have asked me to help them and the problem was directly related to heat. After all, the best HSF in the world can't do anything at all if it only has hot air to work with. This single issue can mean the difference between wimpy default performance and bone-shattering speed records. Heat is our worst enemy, but it is also one of the most easily defeated ones as well.
To give you an idea as to what both Lian-Li and Xoxide have done to help counter these effects, we'll give you a pictorial tour of what makes this enclosure one to be proud of. In our never-ending battle against heat, it is important to see what we can do to win the fight over it.
Remember the two fans hiding behind the front bezel? Here they are again from a little different angle. They are 80mm x 80mm x 25mm Adda fans and will help make sure that the hard drives get a refreshing breath of air and also crank some much needed airflow into the interior of the case. How much airflow you ask? This pair will suck in roughly 35-CFM each.
Also helping with the intake of cool air are these two side-mounted fans. In the normal setup you will receive a pair of Y.S. Tech 80mm x 80mm x 25mm fans that put out 32.5-CFM each. But our particular unit here has the lighted fans installed. Made by CreAir, they will give you the same performance but with four LED lights in each unit. This is enough to not just make your case stand out and be seen, but it will also give decent illumination within the interior as well.
But we're talking cooling here, so let's take this pair of 80s and add their intake with the front Adda fans. The result comes up to a very handy 135-CFM total intake of air. Not too shabby at all.
Now that we have all that cool air rushing into the case, we need to have a means to get rid of it as well. After all, this is what circulation is all about, isn't it?
To begin the removal of the heated air we have another Adda 80mm x 80mm x 25mm fan mounted on the rear of the case (sorry, same picture as before). This fan helps get rid of heated air at a rating of about 35-CFM. That is a good start, but I think we had something like 135 coming in, right?
Enter the Dragon. Hmmm catchy name, maybe make a good movie title?
This 120mm x 120mm x 25mm beast mounted to the roof makes for a fine companion to the lone fan on the back. This monster is a Thermaltake unit and is rated at a hefty 88-CFM. This will bring our total exhaust numbers to 123-CFM and our total airflow rating of the case to a whopping 258-CFM. This should work out very nicely!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Xoxide LL60 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Xoxide LL60 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Xoxide LL60 - Page 3 [Exterior]
- Xoxide LL60 - Page 4 [Interior]
- Xoxide LL60 - Page 5 [Cooling]
- Xoxide LL60 - Page 6 [Other Features]
- Xoxide LL60 - Page 7 [Performance/Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Crimson Edition hotfix driver released, fixes fan and game issues
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- Some Recommendations If You Intend To Deliver Money To India Or Oriental Co
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY
- AMD Promotes Renowned Graphics Architect Michael Mantor to Corporate Fellow