Accessories and Documentation
This is the box I explained which is packed on top of the cooler for shipping. There is a large hole in the center of the box to easily lift the hardware box out. Inside everything besides the wire fan clips are packaged in zip-close bags so nothing gets lost.
First in the kit we have the universal back plate. It doesn't matter if you want to install this on a 939 rig, or a LGA1366, they all use bolts through this plate to mount the cooler to the motherboard, giving all sockets a very solid base to work off of. In the front are the two included wire fan clips. This slide into the fins through the tine holes nearest to the edge. They then surround the fan and actually hold the body, not the screw holes, of the outer edge of the fan.
I will call this the Universal Kit. It consists of thumbscrews with attached springs to use for both the large cross plate with the dimple in it. These screws also mount the cooler on the top of the long threaded screws that are keyed to fit in slots in the back plate. On the left there is a syringe of thermal grease and on the right is a very handy wrench for access to the thumb screws in tight accommodations. In my hardware kit I did receive both an extra long screw and a extra thumb screw that doesn't get used.
The bag on the left is used when adding the long threaded screws to the back plate. When you pass the screw through the plate you secure it with one of these flat nuts and add a washer on top to isolate it against the motherboard. Once that is assembled you can go onto the right bag. This has the "top hat" shaped nuts that get used with the washers to mount the back plate assembly to the motherboard. Also in this bag is the AM2/AM3 mounting to add to the base for use with those sockets. The short Phillips head screws are used to lock these plates onto the "ring" already surrounding the coolers base.
Along with my sample there were four sets of instructions in different languages. On the front and back of two pages Swiftech covers both the AMD and the Intel installations with descriptive, easy to follow text along with great images.
The fan included simply has a large S on it, no verification of a model to go against, so for now I will assume the specs on the box are correct. This 4-in fan is PWM controlled for fan speed, and offers a RPM sensing wire to verify the speeds.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Swiftech Polaris 120 CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Nokia unveils its new OZO virtual reality camera, priced at $60,000
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Crimson Edition hotfix driver released, fixes fan and game issues
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY