Accessories and Documentation
This is the box I explained which is packed on top of the cooler for shipping. There is a large hole in the center of the box to easily lift the hardware box out. Inside everything besides the wire fan clips are packaged in zip-close bags so nothing gets lost.
First in the kit we have the universal back plate. It doesn't matter if you want to install this on a 939 rig, or a LGA1366, they all use bolts through this plate to mount the cooler to the motherboard, giving all sockets a very solid base to work off of. In the front are the two included wire fan clips. This slide into the fins through the tine holes nearest to the edge. They then surround the fan and actually hold the body, not the screw holes, of the outer edge of the fan.
I will call this the Universal Kit. It consists of thumbscrews with attached springs to use for both the large cross plate with the dimple in it. These screws also mount the cooler on the top of the long threaded screws that are keyed to fit in slots in the back plate. On the left there is a syringe of thermal grease and on the right is a very handy wrench for access to the thumb screws in tight accommodations. In my hardware kit I did receive both an extra long screw and a extra thumb screw that doesn't get used.
The bag on the left is used when adding the long threaded screws to the back plate. When you pass the screw through the plate you secure it with one of these flat nuts and add a washer on top to isolate it against the motherboard. Once that is assembled you can go onto the right bag. This has the "top hat" shaped nuts that get used with the washers to mount the back plate assembly to the motherboard. Also in this bag is the AM2/AM3 mounting to add to the base for use with those sockets. The short Phillips head screws are used to lock these plates onto the "ring" already surrounding the coolers base.
Along with my sample there were four sets of instructions in different languages. On the front and back of two pages Swiftech covers both the AMD and the Intel installations with descriptive, easy to follow text along with great images.
The fan included simply has a large S on it, no verification of a model to go against, so for now I will assume the specs on the box are correct. This 4-in fan is PWM controlled for fan speed, and offers a RPM sensing wire to verify the speeds.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Swiftech Polaris 120 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is basically a Note7 but cheaper
- Nintendo Switch gameplay graphics are subject to change
- Final Fantasy 15 could get co-op mode in the future
- Nintendo Switch comes to life - as a stuffed dog
- Xbox Live Gold subscribers get 4 new games next month
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage