Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Corsair has released the Performance 3 in three capacity sizes; 64GB, 128GB and 256GB. The Performance 3's designed so the performance of each capacity size is different. The flagship 256GB model has the highest performance with a rating of 480MB/s read and 320MB/s write. The drive we are looking at today, the 128GB model is rated at 410MB/s read and 210MB/s write. The budget model with 64GB of capacity dips down to 365MB/s read and 110MB/s write. The performance of the Performance 3 scales well when going up, but things arn't so pretty down low.
Today we are looking at the 128GB size, the middle of the road product that many enthusiasts, power users and even mainstream users will more than likely be attracted to, since it offers the best mix of performance and price. The 128GB Performance 3 is right in the sweet spot.
The new Performance 3 Series of drives are now available at Newegg and a few other e-tail shops. The Corsair Performance 3 128GB drive is priced at 319.99 USD at the time of writing. We expect this price to drop in the coming weeks. The 120GB SandForce drives are already getting very close to the 200 USD price point, but you will have to look hard to find the 34nm version that has the same speeds as the drives used in our benchmark results.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1 rumored to get support for HDR soon
- Star Wars Battlefront II's new trailer looks INCREDIBLE
- NVIDIA announces SLI/HDR support for Shadow of War on PC
- ASUS B250 Mining Expert board: support for 19 x GPUs
- Destiny 2 will have 21:9, SLI, HDR support on the PC
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience