Specifications, Availability and Pricing
This mid tower chassis from Sentey's Extreme Division of cases is made from 0.7mm SECC steel. The door panels, the body, along with the drive bays and motherboard tray all are, but let's go back to the outside for a moment. If you don't remember the Arvina, it had a very shiny outer paint scheme that went along nicely with the ABS plastic of the top and front. The Optimus is no exception. The front is made of ABS plastic and houses the power and reset buttons along with the front I/O connectivity at the top. This consists of a MMC/SD reader, two USB 2.0 ports, the 3.5mm audio and MIC jacks, and a fan controller. Moving down the face, you will find a stealth drive cover for an optical drive followed by two other panels that can be removed to install more devices. The lower half is vented on the sides and has a large mesh panel backed with a 120mm blue LED fan. The top is also well ventilated and has one 140mm fan installed with room to add another one later if you should choose to do so.
Back to the interior. In the front you will find that the Optimus keeps the tool-less clip system for housing the three 5.25" devices at the top. There is room for up to four hard drives in the bottom, and the tool-less trays that fit 3.5" drives has holes in the tray to screw in a 2.5" drive if you have an SSD to throw in the mix. The motherboard tray does have compatibility for both m-ATX and ATX motherboards above the bottom mounted power supply. You will even find wire management holes and a back plate access hole for swapping cooler a little easier. There is a dust cover that covers the ventilation in the floor and will allow the fan of the power supply to draw clean air in from the bottom. In front of this there is room to add an additional 120mm fan as well. The rear of the chassis holds the 120mm exhaust fan and a row of seven expansion slots. These slots come with breakaway covers so once removed they don't go back in, and once removed you can hold your cards in place with the red tool-less locks found here.
Availabilty of the Sentey Optimus is very limited at this time. As I write this I am looking around and it seems only four locations are currently holding stock of the GS-6000. While tough to find, this case won't kill your budget. Through the usual shopping I found that pricing matters depending on where you decide to buy it. Playing on the averages, the price tag of $59.99 at Newegg.com isn't unreasonable at all. For those a bit more frugal, you can find this chassis some $10 cheaper at Directron as they are currently running a promotional sale. Now that we know where to get the Optimus, we should take a look and see what you get.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen CPUs spotted in the flesh, retail boxes too
- LG officially announces the G6 camera specs
- NASA announces conference on discovery beyond our System
- Samsung teases Exynos 9; it could power the Galaxy S8
- Spectacles are finally available for online purchase
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league