Looking at the card initially, you won't find anything too different to what we've seen before from mid-range cards and the Cyclone series. Looking a bit closer at the cooler and you can see a bit more of an aggressive styling which looks great. The cooler looks like it will deliver as always, thanks to those heat pipes coming out the top, but we'll find out later exactly what kind of temps are on offer.
As for the rest of the card, we've got a single 6-Pin PCI-E connector at the back of the card along with a single SLI connector across the top. Connectivity comes in the form of two Dual-Link DVI connectors along with a single Mini-HDMI port. As we mentioned on the previous page, a HDMI to Mini-HDMI convertor is included in the bundle.
The MSI GTX 550 Ti Cyclone II is an overclocked model, so the clocks are slightly up from the default. A reference designed card will come in with a 900MHz core clock, while the 192 CUDA Cores carry a 1800MHz clock.
On the memory front we've got 1GB of GDDR5 which seems to have become the norm these days. That carries a clock of 4104MHz QDR. Some specifications shared between all GTX 550 Ti cards are 32 Texture Units, 24 ROP Units, 192-bit memory bus and a 40nm fab process.
MSI carries with it an increased core speed which bumps up the Shader clock. Fortunately they've also chosen to increase the memory speed which you can see below.
The core on the MSI GTX 550 Ti Cyclone II comes in at 950MHz; this bumps the Shader clock to 1900MHz while the memory has been bumped to 1075MHz which translates to 4300MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Simplify World Travel With the Twist Plus+ World Charging Station
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's pre-order scheme could change everything
- Ocarina of Time gets an enchanting Unreal Engine 4 makeover
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 support Intel SSD 750 Series
- Saberthooth 990FX gpu passtrough
- asrock x99 extreme 4 extra pins
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD5 (Intel Z170) Motherboard Review
- ACPI wakeup/shutdown no longer works after UEFI flash.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015