Well, after the testing is complete I was a little surprised by the results. I really wasn't expecting a copper cooler to perform no better than an aluminum one, but the results were checked and the test system was checked twice to make sure that everything was in order. I still feel that a good lapping would greatly enhance the numbers, but some folks just don't want to have to put out the effort.
But now comes the entertaining part, PRICE! Just like it's little brother, you'll be looking at a suggested retail price of US$9.95. And yes, I realize that we are talking about a copper sink with a Y.S. Tech fan, but that price one more time is $9.95! This is certainly in line for those looking for a cooling solution that will beat out the stock coolers but don't want to put out much money.
I would advise, however, that if you have serious plans on overclocking, then look for a better cooler. That is not what this one was designed for and it would have a difficult time performing in an acceptable manner in its current condition.
Bottom line...Just like the aluminum KN02 model reviewed previously, if you are in the market for an affordable HSF that performs well above the stock coolers offered on the Athlon processors, then you have definitely found your cooler. But if you have serious plans of overclocking in your future, then look at something more high-end.
Y.S. Tech fan
Base needs work
Clip uses only a single lug
Performance is a bit behind other budget coolers
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft loves PC gaming, no HDR support in Halo Wars 2
- Pentium G4560 costs $64, fights Core i5-2500K at $270
- Modified Tesla Model S goes from 0-100 in 2.1 seconds
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- Pokemon GO generated an insane $950 million in 2016
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99