Well, after the testing is complete I was a little surprised by the results. I really wasn't expecting a copper cooler to perform no better than an aluminum one, but the results were checked and the test system was checked twice to make sure that everything was in order. I still feel that a good lapping would greatly enhance the numbers, but some folks just don't want to have to put out the effort.
But now comes the entertaining part, PRICE! Just like it's little brother, you'll be looking at a suggested retail price of US$9.95. And yes, I realize that we are talking about a copper sink with a Y.S. Tech fan, but that price one more time is $9.95! This is certainly in line for those looking for a cooling solution that will beat out the stock coolers but don't want to put out much money.
I would advise, however, that if you have serious plans on overclocking, then look for a better cooler. That is not what this one was designed for and it would have a difficult time performing in an acceptable manner in its current condition.
Bottom line...Just like the aluminum KN02 model reviewed previously, if you are in the market for an affordable HSF that performs well above the stock coolers offered on the Athlon processors, then you have definitely found your cooler. But if you have serious plans of overclocking in your future, then look at something more high-end.
Y.S. Tech fan
Base needs work
Clip uses only a single lug
Performance is a bit behind other budget coolers
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- ARK: Survival Evolved update: new dinos, maps, and more
- AT&T buys HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN for $80 billion
- Shadow Warrior 2 patched, includes several optimizations
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook