As we look at the results, we notice that the Thermaltake unit does manage to come out on top of the test results. But this is where we start looking at another factor that leaps out at us; PRICE. The Nexus KN02 HSF complete with the Y.S. Tech fan will be retailing at about US$9.95. Yes, you heard correctly, the manufacturer is recommending a retail price of $9.95!
I can't tell you how many times I've heard folks ask for some cooler that may not be at the top of the food chain but still manages to provide acceptable results for a small cash input. This Nexus cooler does just that. While not top of the line performance numbers, it does manage to give better results than the stock AMD choice of cooler and also won't set you back an arm and a leg.
As a final note, I would like to point out that this heatsink was tested as shipped. Though not a terrible base, it could use a good lapping. I'm confident that this would give you even better results, but we wanted to see what we could expect out of the box.
Bottom line...If you happen to be looking at a cooler that works better than factory but won't cost you much, then you've found your HSF. Keep in mind, however, that if you plan on overclocking, then this heatsink is not designed for that.
Y.S. Tech fan used
Base really needs to be lapped
Performance is a bit behind other budget coolers
Rating - 8/10
Editor's Note: I received word today that the base of this cooler has been fixed up by the manufacturer. I also received a photo of this improved area, so you can now disregard the worries of a base that is marred.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard talk rewards in World of Warcraft patch: 7.1
- The sales of smartwatches have dropped by more than 50%
- Scientists think they've received signals from aliens
- Intel's new Atom processor is a step closer to Skynet
- Google pauses its Fiber rollout, fires 9% of Fiber staff
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards