Installation & Testing
To test how the TD2 worked, we used it on our AMD Athlon 500MHz system which uses a ASUS K7V, Mushkin PC150 memory, Asus GF2 32mb DDR and IBM Deskstar 13.5GB ATA100 HDD...
First I must say the installation of the TD2 was VERY simple and took around 10 seconds. (changing the dipswitches only took a couple minutes after referring to the TD2 user guide sheet provided with the kit). Using the TD2 we were able to overclock our AMD Athlon classic 500MHz processor to 800MHz using a core voltage setting of 1.75. As some of you may remember, this is the exact same results we received while overclocking this same processor with a Free Speed Pro. I tried setting the core to 850MHz but it wouldn't boot. Below is a picture of the TD2 installed on my AMD Athlon 500MHz "debug port"...
As you can see from the image about the TD2 sits nicely on the AMD Athlon "debug port" and there are no worries about this GFD fitting inside the case properly.
I would like to mention one small thing which I feel should be mentioned, that is the ease of changing the dipswitches. As with the Free Speed Pro you had to change all up 16 switches compared to only 8 on the TD2. This makes the installation quite quicker and more efficient compared to a Free Speed Pro.
If you haven't already noticed, I think it would be quite clear to you that we love the Tweeking Device 2! From it's size to it's reasonable price it's a winner in my books. I liked this GFD much more than the Free Speed Pro as no external power were needed and the dipswitches were much easier to configure. High Speed PC are selling the TD2 for $45 USD and are offering FREE SHIPPING worldwide. While the Free Speed Pro is about $10 cheaper then the TD2, I think the extra $10 would be well spent. Many Australian readers often ask me about delivery from international companies such as High Speed PC worrying about the time and safety of delivery, let me assure you, THERE IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!
Rating - 8.5 / 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard announces a new voice chat app for desktops
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 375.57 drivers are ready for BF1
- Sony added 1GB of DRAM to the PS4 Pro, joins 8GB GDDR5
- Oceanhorn hit record sales, teases Switch development
- New Plants Vs Zombies: Heroes launches on iOS & Android
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system