Whew, that's quite the list of cables and connectors. As always, there is the 20+4 pin main connector. There are also two ATX 4+4/EPS12V cables for motherboards that require it. To power a trio of high end GPU's, there are six PCI-E cables of the 6+2 variety so that they can be used in whatever manner you want. For those that still need 4-pin Molex connectors, there are three cables each with four connectors on it to give you a total of 12 Molex connections. SATA cables come in two different lengths. There are two shorter SATA cables with two connections each. For the longer SATA cables, there are three cables each with four connectors. This gives you a total 16 SATA connections.
One thing that we are very happy to see is that Corsair has not included FDD connectors as part of the modular cables. In the rare event that you should need them, Corsair includes two 4-pin Molex to FDD connectors. It would be nice if we would see more power supplies come to the market like this.
The Corsair AX1200 has simple rail distribution with everything on a single 12V rail. Normally this is about all we have to say on single rail power supplies, but the AX1200 does bring up a concern for some. Since all the power is coming from the 12V rail, there is 100.4A of power here. That's a lot of juice and it can melt the cable sheathing on even some very thick wires. This isn't necessarily an issue, just something that some people will have issue with. We aren't worried about it here, though.
A Look Inside
Since everyone wants to see just how this bad boy is laid out on the inside, here is a look with the bottom taken off of the power supply. Everything is very neat and tidy, partially due to the 100% modular design and the lack of a large clump of cables terminating inside the power supply. Five different heatsinks adorn the back half of the power supply to help cool things down.
On the primary side of the power supply, we see that Corsair has chosen a pair of Nichicon capacitors. For those that don't know, Nichicon Corporation is a very large Japanese company known primarily for their high quality capacitors and was established in 1950.
Corsair chose to utilize Nippon Chemi-con caps where needed on the secondary side of the power supply, giving the AX1200 100% Japanese capacitor construction.
Rounding up our shots of the inside of the AX1200 is a shot of the exhaust fan. It is a 140mm Yate Loon fan, model D14BH-12.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio
- GUITAR HERO LIVE PITS JAMES FRANCO AGAINST LENNY KRAVITZ IN AN EPIC ROCK BATTLE WITH THE PREMIERE OF THE 'WIN THE CROWD' LIVE-ACTION TRAILER