The dboX arrived to us in this fancy box. A lot of cases usually don't have colorful box art to help cut down on cost. But Ahanix has decided to list a lot of the dboX features as well as colorful pictures on there boxes to attract even more buyers. Of course, this would be only useful in a retail store where buyers would see the boxes.
When you first crack open the box, this is what you will see. The case is wrapped in some plastic and protected with styrofoam. ExoticPC also has this new machine that creates "air bags" that go around the case to prevent any dents. I really enjoyed this idea since I have had bad experiences with UPS and my packages.
Once the case is removed from the box, this is what you see. The design of the front panel is very nice and sleek. Two things caught my eye when I first looked at it. One is the little black screen on the bottom with the four buttons and the second one is the faceplates included on top! We will get into these more as the review goes on.
Above is the top of the front panel. The dboX has two faceplates that cover up your CD-ROM drives. This is a good feature because usually CD-ROM drives are white or beige and that spoils the unique colors of different kinds of cases. You also have a face plate that covers your 3 1/2 " floppy drive. At the very top you have your power button which is blue when you turn your computer on.
This is the most interesting part of the dboX. On the bottom of the front panel you have a display with 3 buttons that control it. Have you guessed yet? Well if you haven't picture this. A case with a built-in Thermometer. That's what this is. It lets you monitor temperatures in three areas of your case. For example, your case temperature, your CPU and your GPU.
Above you can see the three sensors that you will use in combination with the LED screen on the front of the dboX. They are all the flat thermometer type which can be used everywhere you can think of. They are all labeled as "CH1", "CH2", and "CH3" which correspond to the channel lights on the screen.
At the very bottom you have a small latch. When you open it you can discover two things. The first is two USB front ports which you hook up to your motherboard. This could be useful if you are using a device which you regularly take in and out. To the left of that you have an IR device. The controller card for this is optional and can be purchased for the dboX in the future.
Both sides of the case are the same. Nothing really special here. No window or fan of any sort is included on the side of the case but you can purchase a optional side panel w/ window from ExoticPC for this case. It does have a nice black matte finish though.
Above you can see the back of the dboX case. Thankfully, they have used thumbscrews to screw and unscrew the panels. You can see there is room for one 80 mm fan in the back. Unfortunately there is no slide out motherboard tray.
The top of the case has nothing special either. Although you have enough room to do a nice mod and put a 120 mm exhaust fan up here. Maybe our next modding article will be based on taking a Dremel to this dboX? You never know.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Ahanix dboX - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Ahanix dboX - Page 2 [Specifications & Features]
- Ahanix dboX - Page 3 [The Exterior]
- Ahanix dboX - Page 4 [The Interior]
- Ahanix dboX - Page 5 [LED Readout]
- Ahanix dboX - Page 6 [Benchmarks]
- Ahanix dboX - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony added 1GB of DRAM to the PS4 Pro, joins 8GB GDDR5
- Oceanhorn hit record sales, teases Switch development
- New Plants Vs Zombies: Heroes launches on iOS & Android
- 30% discount with Nintendo's Europe Birthday Promotion
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system