The Kingston SSDNow V+100 256GB SSD
Here we get our first look at the Kingston SSDNow V+100. The drive is heavier than it looks; a testament to the quality of the aluminum case that holds the PCB. The top label includes the drive's capacity and model number.
The back of the drive is fairly straight forward with all of the mounting points located where they should be.
The side mounting points are also located within spec, so you won't have any problems installing the drive in a desktop adapter or notebook drive sled.
On the back we found the SATA power and data connectors also where they should be.
On the inside we found a large thermal transfer pad covering the entire surface mount component side of the drive. This allows the drive to withstand a higher shock than drives without the extra protection and also aids to pull heat from the components.
The Kingston SSDNow V+100 uses the Toshiba controller and pairs it with Toshiba flash. A 128MB Micron cache module is also used on the V+100 and acts as a buffer so the drive doesn't stutter when writing data.
The back of the PCB is pretty bare and void of components. There is an identifying sticker for use by Kingston, but that is about all on this side.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset