PC Power & Cooling's Silencer 760W comes with a total of 11 native cables that offer 23 different connections. Unlike most power supplies in the 700W-850W range, the Silencer 760W offers both ATX 4+4 and EPS12V cables for motherboards that require both connectors. Supplying power for a duo of hungry graphics cards are a pair of 6+2 pin PCIE connectors and a pair of 6 pin PCIE connectors.
There are plenty of peripheral connectors to go around as well. Two cables supplying four connectors a piece serve up the SATA connections. There are also two cables that supply Molex connections; one has four Molex connectors on it while the other has three Molex connectors and a single FDD connector at the end.
As was stated above, all of these cables are natively wired to the power supply. This will unfortunately add some extra cable clutter to the inside of the computer, meaning you will either have to deal with the proverbial rats nest of wiring or get crafty in your cable management to hide the unused cables.
PC Power & Cooling gives the Silencer 760W a single 12V rail which makes load balancing not an issue. With everything on a single rail, you can plug in everything without having to worry whether you are overloading a specific rail or not.
A Look Inside
Opening up the power supply, we see a trio of heatsinks inside the Silencer 760W. The heatsinks are obviously designed with the front to back airflow that PC Power & Cooling has with the single rear exhaust fan.
PC Power & Cooling utilizes 100% Japanese capacitors throughout the entire Silencer 760W PSU. On the primary side of the power supply we see a pair of Nippon Chemi-con capacitors.
Over on the secondary, we find a mid of Nippon Chemi-con caps and a few Rubycon capacitors as well.
Here we have a close up of the exhaust fan utilized in the Silencer 760W power supply. It is manufactured by ADDA and is model AD0812UB-A71GL.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Faraday Future unveils its first electric car next month
- Nintendo Switch switches to full 1080p while docked
- Lexus covered its car in 41,999 programmable LED lights
- Nintendo Switch to have Gamecube Virtual Console games
- Sony's new add-on merges trading cards with mobile games
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel
- Western Digital introduces new 12TB and 14TB enterprise-class HDDs and SSDs