PC Power & Cooling's Silencer 760W comes with a total of 11 native cables that offer 23 different connections. Unlike most power supplies in the 700W-850W range, the Silencer 760W offers both ATX 4+4 and EPS12V cables for motherboards that require both connectors. Supplying power for a duo of hungry graphics cards are a pair of 6+2 pin PCIE connectors and a pair of 6 pin PCIE connectors.
There are plenty of peripheral connectors to go around as well. Two cables supplying four connectors a piece serve up the SATA connections. There are also two cables that supply Molex connections; one has four Molex connectors on it while the other has three Molex connectors and a single FDD connector at the end.
As was stated above, all of these cables are natively wired to the power supply. This will unfortunately add some extra cable clutter to the inside of the computer, meaning you will either have to deal with the proverbial rats nest of wiring or get crafty in your cable management to hide the unused cables.
PC Power & Cooling gives the Silencer 760W a single 12V rail which makes load balancing not an issue. With everything on a single rail, you can plug in everything without having to worry whether you are overloading a specific rail or not.
A Look Inside
Opening up the power supply, we see a trio of heatsinks inside the Silencer 760W. The heatsinks are obviously designed with the front to back airflow that PC Power & Cooling has with the single rear exhaust fan.
PC Power & Cooling utilizes 100% Japanese capacitors throughout the entire Silencer 760W PSU. On the primary side of the power supply we see a pair of Nippon Chemi-con capacitors.
Over on the secondary, we find a mid of Nippon Chemi-con caps and a few Rubycon capacitors as well.
Here we have a close up of the exhaust fan utilized in the Silencer 760W power supply. It is manufactured by ADDA and is model AD0812UB-A71GL.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 mobile game to feature microtransactions galore
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes