One of the things that I like about some (upper?) mid-range boards is the fact that you get so many extra utilities to tinker with. In looking over the suite that comes with the P67A-UD4 and the Smart6 suite, I have to say that when you setup the UD4 you have some very nice options.
One of my favourites is the Smart Recorder along with the Smart Lock. These two can be very beneficial to a parent setting up a system for their kid (or for the paranoid trying to find out who is using their system).
The Smart Recover can be useful for backing up your system in the event of a disaster. However, be sure you are not just backing up to the same drive, as that is pretty much a useless back up.
Another piece of software that is often overlooked is the Dynamic Energy Saver 2. This can control the power to all parts of your system. It has multiple profiles that can be set depending on your usage model and can even let you turn GIGABYTE's new Dual Power feature on or off.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Galaxy Note 4 batteries recalled due to fire risk
- Xbox One X pre-orders to go live this Sunday
- Apple expected to spend $1 billion on shows
- Microsoft to announce Xbox One X pre-order details soon
- VRAM prices increase over 30% in August alone
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- how many pcie slots can i use?
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes