The Antec KÃHLER H2O 620 Cooling CPU Cooler - Continued
Back to the head unit, I found the same 90? fittings the H70 had. This time however I found a large amount of grease-like material around the fittings. I went back to look at the H70 and it did have similar grease, but the excess was cleaned prior to shipping, so it was much less noticeable. The tubes end in the same fashion as they did on the radiator end, with a similar collar instead of a clamp.
Off of the top of the head unit there are two wire leads. One has a 3-pin male connection to power the fan. The right wire has a 3-pin fan connection to power both the pump and the fan with one easy connection to the motherboard.
If you are going to send a cooler with compound pre-applied, you might as well protect it very well. The plastic cap has notches on it and needs unscrewed a bit to release the tabs so you can remove it. It serves a very good purpose and is something I'm glad wasn't lost with Antec.
The pre-applied compound is spread on the base plate very thinly and with a textured pattern. The area provided does cover the full IHS and is plenty of compound to get you under way when you get your own H2O 620.
Removing the paste, I can see the copper base is milled in a circular fashion, but the milling work is taken to a finer level as was the bases from Corsairs coolers. This plate was flat in the middle and only deflected from a straight edge in between or outside of the ten screws holding the copper plate onto the head unit. I think we covered just about everything at this point, so let's move on to the hardware and instructions.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'The Get Down' costs Netflix $16 million per episode
- Star Citizen alpha is free until October 30
- Nintendo 'hasn't shown everything' on Switch just yet
- Watch Dogs 2 trailer welcomes you to San Francisco
- Rule the streets on this official 'Mario Kart' bike
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now