As with many things from days gone by, a few designs get overlooked and would have been a great product if minute changes would have been made on the original. Due to time constraints, or even the later development of an improvement idea, every once in a while a company will go back and rework the original into a much better revision for the second showing. It seems this is just one of those cases, so let's see what Arctic Cooling has up their sleeve.
I was not sent a sample of the original inception, which by Google's dating system on the reviews, it looks like the Freezer 13 came out at the end of last year. This version of the cooler is a bit different in both the shape of the fin body, and the design that gets stamped into each fin of the Freezer 13 versus the newer PRO release. The original design called for four 6mm diameter heat pipes that got surrounded by forty-five aluminum fins, and the lower set of 10 fins were smaller than the rest. On top of that, the Freezer 13 was only shipped with a 92mm fan to do all the work. All things considered, a 200W rating on that cooler is impressive to say the least.
Going back to square one, Arctic Cooling keeps the base, but this time adds bigger heat pipes. Also to aid in heat dissipation, the PRO version also has much more surface area in the larger fin array. The largest addition of the Freezer 13 PRO is a 120mm fan this time around to get more air flowing over the larger surface area. That isn't all, though, not only is this version bigger in looks and feel, but Arctic Cooling is trying out something I have yet to see on any cooler I have tested. If I have intrigued you with what you have heard thus far, I urge you to continue on and see what this new concept has in store for very high heat producing CPUs. In this case, up to 300 Watts of power!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung unveils new Gear 360 camera
- Nintendo focused on gameplay over visuals in Zelda BOTW
- These are the differences between the Galaxy S7 and S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+: Everything you need to know
- The Galaxy S8+ is official and it looks marvelous
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design