In conclusion, this ASUS P4S8X is a good all-around board. It has all the features you would ever want in a motherboard like Serial ATA, AGP 8x, DDR 333 support etc. Performance-wise, this board seems to be a bit slow. The SiS 648 chipset is a fast chipset as you have seen in other SiS 648 based board reviews. But unfortunately, the P4S8X still has a few problems in this sector and Asus has promised to release a BIOS soon with a big performance jump.
This board is retailing at about US$139, so is well priced compared to the other boards out there. Anybody looking for a feature packed board with a promising future should check this board out.
We would like to thank all the members over at http://www.asusboards.com for helping us out with ironing out the stability problems.
Lots of features
Official DDR 333 memory support
Not the greatest performance
Rating - 7.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PSA: Going to see Deadpool on Friday? Stay for the post-credits scene
- Red Dead Redemption backwards compatibility done in error, removed
- New Fallout 4 mod lets you play as Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher 3
- Titanfall 2 getting a grounded, dirty and human single-player campaign
- The Division on PC is held back, as it would be 'unfair' to consoles
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance