Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.4B GHz Northwood
Motherboard: Asus P4S8X SiS 648
Memory: Corsair XMS 3200 CL2 512 DDR
Video Card: ATi Radeon 9700 Pro Video Card
Hard Disk: Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 60 GB HDD
Drivers: ATi Catalyst 2.3
Operating system: Windows XP Professional
BIOS Version: 1004 FINAL. NOTE: This board is severely hit in performance with this BIOS. The older version had better performance but the board was not stable. Stay on the lookout for some benchmark updates with future BIOS releases.
SiSoft Sandra CPU Benchmark
The 2.4B coupled with the Asus P4S8X performs much better than SiSoft's default scores in the Dhrystone column. It seems to be on par with the defaults scores for the Whestone FPU/iSSE2 column.
SiSoft Sandra CPU Multimedia Benchmark
The P4S8X is right on the money with both the integer score and the Floating-point score when compared to it's default Sandra score.
SiSoft Sandra Memory Benchmark
The P4S8X performs quite poorly in the memory bandwidth test. It seems even with its native "DDR 333" support it performs worse than both of its brother, the SiS 645 DX as well as the KT333 board from VIA. Perhaps with a BIOS update this will be resolved.
3DMark 2001 SE
At default, The P4S8X gets a score of about 12195 paired with the 9700 Pro. It only takes a hit of about 1500 points when moving up to a much higher resolution. The scores seem a bit low in my opinion, but we will see how it stacks up to other motherboards as they come in.
Quake III Arena
In Quake III, the Asus puts up some nice numbers. The difference between the lowest resolution and the highest is a mere 9 FPS.
Serious Sam SE
At both resolutions, the hits come when we switch to 32-bit mode. At 1024x768 it drops about 100 FPS when going to 32-bit and at 1280x1024 it drops about 50 FPS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rocket League adds cross-play between Xbox One, PC
- AT&T begins enforcing broadband caps, offers $30 waiver option
- Revolutionize your drive with the Automatic Connected Car Adapter
- DOTA 2 now second game to support Vulkan
- Nintendo's next-gen handheld called 'MH', will co-exist with NX?
- Does this look like a good and compatible setup/buy?
- Error on GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, config HDD RAID w/M.2 boot drive
- OCZ RevoDrive 400 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- fatal1ty z170 gaming-itx/ac no display after resume
- H61M-DS2 Memory Problem
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition
- G.SKILL hosts OC World Record Stage and OC World Cup at Computex 2016, sponsored by Intel, Samsung, and NVIDIA
- Logitech announces Ultimate Ears Roll 2 speakers
- EK Waterblocks GeForce GTX 1080 block now available
- Crucial announces Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 SODIMMs