As the years rolled by in our competitive computer market, we've encountered a number of chipsets. On average, we see a couple new chipsets every quarter. Taking you guys 3-4 years back, we basically had two primary chipset makers: VIA and Intel. As time flew by, one name started appearing more commonplace. This name was SiS and they fought their way trying to make a move on the two dominant chipset makers.
As chipsets kept rolling out for the newly beloved Northwood processors, things began to heat up. Intel released a slew of their i845 DDR chipsets while VIA released the P4X chipset without the proper licenses to manufacture a P4-DDR solution. However controversial, and legal action was indeed taken, it certainly fired up the P4-DDR chipset battle. But to top it off, SiS with their newly release SiS 648 chipset entered the arena to make things slightly more interesting. With features such as AGP 8x and Serial ATA standard, could this be the chipset everyone has been waiting for?
Lately, the boards with the new SiS chipset began to appear on the market. We all look out for the motherboard giants, EPoX, Abit and Asus. After all, these are the boards everyone wants to fit their computers with. Quality, stability and performance are three words that best describe products from these motherboard giants. But is it possible for them to screw up at times? Asus is a long-time player, putting out great, stable boards since as long as I can recall. They released their SiS 648 based board, the P4S8X not too long ago. It seems like an action packed board full of features but can it prove worthy of the Asus brand?
Today, we look at the Asus P4S8X. Will it be another Asus champ... or worse, its first flop?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Amnesia creators show off the latest trailer to SOMA, arrives Sep 22
- Apple's upcoming 21.5-inch iMac should feature a 4K display
- ASUS unveils a new super-powered gaming notebook that is watercooled
- Every single Deus Ex game can be purchased for under $7 right now
- Forza Motorsport 6 launch trailer is here, 1080p 60FPS on the Xbox One
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015