As the years rolled by in our competitive computer market, we've encountered a number of chipsets. On average, we see a couple new chipsets every quarter. Taking you guys 3-4 years back, we basically had two primary chipset makers: VIA and Intel. As time flew by, one name started appearing more commonplace. This name was SiS and they fought their way trying to make a move on the two dominant chipset makers.
As chipsets kept rolling out for the newly beloved Northwood processors, things began to heat up. Intel released a slew of their i845 DDR chipsets while VIA released the P4X chipset without the proper licenses to manufacture a P4-DDR solution. However controversial, and legal action was indeed taken, it certainly fired up the P4-DDR chipset battle. But to top it off, SiS with their newly release SiS 648 chipset entered the arena to make things slightly more interesting. With features such as AGP 8x and Serial ATA standard, could this be the chipset everyone has been waiting for?
Lately, the boards with the new SiS chipset began to appear on the market. We all look out for the motherboard giants, EPoX, Abit and Asus. After all, these are the boards everyone wants to fit their computers with. Quality, stability and performance are three words that best describe products from these motherboard giants. But is it possible for them to screw up at times? Asus is a long-time player, putting out great, stable boards since as long as I can recall. They released their SiS 648 based board, the P4S8X not too long ago. It seems like an action packed board full of features but can it prove worthy of the Asus brand?
Today, we look at the Asus P4S8X. Will it be another Asus champ... or worse, its first flop?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project CARS 2 latest screenshots look amazing
- BlackBerry announces KEYone, with Pixel's camera sensor
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications