Looking at the card, you could easily be mistaken for thinking we're dealing with a completely passive cooled card due to the nature of the heatsink, but behind that huge array of fins sits three fans.
Outside of the heatsink setup, we've got a single 6-Pin and 8-Pin PCI-E power connector setup towards the back of the card, and closer to the front we've got two SLI connectors which will let us run up to three of these cards together, although that might be a problem. We'll get to why in a second.
Connectivity in typical Gainward style is a little better than most with two Dual-Link DVI connectors along with a single HDMI and DisplayPort connection. Here, though, you can see why we might run into a problem with three cards.
The Gainward GTX 570 Phantom is actually a two and a half slot card, which means that running three is probably out of the equation. But on the right motherboard two shouldn't be a problem. For most, however, who opt for only one card, it won't be an issue; it's still something that you have to consider when purchasing, though.
Out of the box the Phantom GTX 570 from Gainward does come overclocked, but not as aggressively as the Goes Like Hell Edition.
The core comes in at 750MHz which brings the Shader clock to 1500MHz. This is up from the default 723MHz / 1464MHz setup. As for the 1280MB of GDDR5, that's been bumped to 3900MHz QDR which is only slightly up on the default 3800MHz QDR clock.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - PhysX Tests]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.