Our load tests utilize a couple of FAST ATE active load testers and a variety of other equipment such as an oscilloscope, power conditioner, temperature probe and a power consumption meter. You can read more about our standard testing approach here.
The tests performed are based around six conceivable setups that are out there and progressively load down the PSU up to the power supply's limits or 1000W, whichever comes first. Since our test equipment's limits are greater than the SF-800P14XE, we can test it to the maximum
Throughout all five of the tests performed on the SF-800P14XE there was very little change in voltages. Both the 3.3V and 5V rails were rock solid from start to finish. Even on the 12V rail there was only a total drop of .18V resulting in a 1.5% total change in voltage regulation.
Ripple on the 12V line was also excellent, reaching a maximum of 34mV peak to peak under full load. While we are on the subject of excellence, the efficiency for the SF-800P14XE was great. Efficiency never dropped below 89% during our tests.
Super Flower's Golden Green SF-800P14XE is a great power supply from start to finish. It performs well and produces clean power from low loads to full loads. The efficiency is great and will help pay for itself over time. At a price of only $130, the SF-800P14XE is a steal. It is priced right in the middle of most 800W power supplies and is $30 cheaper than the next 800W 80Plus Gold power supply we could find.
The SF-800P14XE also has some negatives to go along with the good. Why Super Flower included the SLI Ready and ATI CrossfireX logos on the front of the box when they aren't listed on the appropriate websites is a mystery. Availability in the USA is low, but it is readily available elsewhere. Finally, there is the inclusion of six PCI-E connectors, but anyone trying to use triple GPU's with an 800W PSU is asking for trouble.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA publishes a stunning 4K video of the Space Station
- Google's total cost to manufacture the Pixel XL is $285
- Tesla reports a profit for the first time in three years
- Jump into programming with 4 top Java courses
- Apple delays AirPods, says they 'aren't ready'
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- Not able to adjust timings!
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software