Talking about the Palit GTX 560 Ti Sonic on its own, we're dealing with another good version of the series. Palit like everyone has come out hard and fast and it's great to see that they've opted for the 900MHz core. It's just nice to get away from the 800MHz mark.
The cooler seems to do a good job and considering we tested in SLI the numbers the cooler gives us are still very impressive; more impressive than what we're seeing out of the HD 6900 series which are indeed a warmer card than people had hoped. They're not as bad as the GTX 400 series, but not quite the AMD we've grown used to in the last few generations.
On the topic of performance, by itself we can expect the same kind of performance as the Gainward card which carries with it the same clocks, and in a nutshell that's good performance. On the topic of SLI, the performance is strong, very strong in some cases. The most important piece of information to take out of the performance, though, is the fact we've got playable numbers across the board. When it all comes down to it, that's the most important thing when it comes to deciding what you should buy.
So do you go down the path of SLI GTX 560 Ti cards or the AMD offerings? Well, for performance the HD 6970 is the better option. It's not a lot better, but across the board it's faster and that can't be denied. The problem is that's a more expensive setup, and it's like people comparing the GTX 580 to the HD 6970.
So it comes down to the HD 6950 2GB in CF and these cards. Again, you'd have to lean towards these because the price is cheaper and performance between both setups is very similar.
You really feel the tables have turned. In the past you would have this stronger performance from NVIDIA setups, but AMD would hold the value card. NVIDIA now hold the value card it seems, and performance between the setups? Well, the GTX 560 Ti is priced at the HD 6870 level, but competing at HD 6950 levels, what's not to love?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - PhysX Tests]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications