DDR-400 is one of the new technologies that aren't being embraced as quickly as DDR-333 was. DDR-400 still has a few hurdles to overcome, such as instabilities when running more than one DIMM, and becoming an official JEDEC standard. So far DDR-333 has just made it into this light. To date we only have a handful of chipsets than can support this new memory. The SiS 648 is the top of the line P4 chipset with VIA taking up a bit behind. SiS did a remarkable job with this chipset as we were able to get two DIMM's of Samsung memory running DDR-400 on this board without any problems. VIA's KT400 is the only commercially available Athlon chipset to use DDR-400 at time of writing this review. With nVidia releasing their nForce2 chipset supporting 128bit interface @ 400Mhz memory we are soon to see how well this works and SiS have their own Athlon chipset for DDR-400, 748 - arriving before too much longer.
A little while ago we took a look at Geil's DDR-400 memory, which was less than impressive. Since then, Geil have tuned their process for selecting certain modules down quite well and have since released a new revision memory with higher clock speeds. Geil PC3500 DDR-433 is the next step up. Let's see how well it copes during our torture tests!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS starts teasing the ROG MATRIX video cards are on their way
- Skylake-powered Retina MacBook models are on their way
- HTC co-founder gets a second job at a visual effects company
- Razer announces a new customizable Xbox One controller for $150
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20