DDR-400 is one of the new technologies that aren't being embraced as quickly as DDR-333 was. DDR-400 still has a few hurdles to overcome, such as instabilities when running more than one DIMM, and becoming an official JEDEC standard. So far DDR-333 has just made it into this light. To date we only have a handful of chipsets than can support this new memory. The SiS 648 is the top of the line P4 chipset with VIA taking up a bit behind. SiS did a remarkable job with this chipset as we were able to get two DIMM's of Samsung memory running DDR-400 on this board without any problems. VIA's KT400 is the only commercially available Athlon chipset to use DDR-400 at time of writing this review. With nVidia releasing their nForce2 chipset supporting 128bit interface @ 400Mhz memory we are soon to see how well this works and SiS have their own Athlon chipset for DDR-400, 748 - arriving before too much longer.
A little while ago we took a look at Geil's DDR-400 memory, which was less than impressive. Since then, Geil have tuned their process for selecting certain modules down quite well and have since released a new revision memory with higher clock speeds. Geil PC3500 DDR-433 is the next step up. Let's see how well it copes during our torture tests!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now