The Areca ARC-1880ix-24
Here we get our first look at the Areca ARC-1880ix-24. The first thing you will notice is that Areca changed the heat sink after releasing all of the marketing material and printed up the boxes. The new design uses a much larger heat sink and eliminates the option for an add-on fan. Even though the new heat sink is quite large, it still keeps the controller a single slot design.
The back of the card is relatively uneventful other than a few dozen surface mount components.
The external side of the card is packed with as many ports as possible. On the left is a data port for management, the center has the SFF-8088 port and on the right is an Ethernet port, also for management.
The internal ports are SFF-8087 and there are six of them in total. Two are on the side of the controller.
The remaining found SFF-8087 ports are on the back of the card. Each port can connect to four drives giving you 24 internal ports total.
In this image you get to see the PCIe x8 lane connector and the massive heat sink that Areca went to.
I was able to find a couple of configurations on the e-tail market. Our sample arrived with a 1GB module, but you can purchase a 4GB upgrade kit or even purchase a controller with a 4GB module already installed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Oculus Rift-ready gaming PC pre-orders will open on February 16
- Windows 10 changelog site launched
- Tales of Symphonia mod fixes stuttering, resolution issues
- ViewSonic's 4K FreeSync capable gaming monitor now available
- FCC filing confirms 3600mAh battery for Galaxy S7 Edge
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance