The Areca ARC-1880ix-24
Here we get our first look at the Areca ARC-1880ix-24. The first thing you will notice is that Areca changed the heat sink after releasing all of the marketing material and printed up the boxes. The new design uses a much larger heat sink and eliminates the option for an add-on fan. Even though the new heat sink is quite large, it still keeps the controller a single slot design.
The back of the card is relatively uneventful other than a few dozen surface mount components.
The external side of the card is packed with as many ports as possible. On the left is a data port for management, the center has the SFF-8088 port and on the right is an Ethernet port, also for management.
The internal ports are SFF-8087 and there are six of them in total. Two are on the side of the controller.
The remaining found SFF-8087 ports are on the back of the card. Each port can connect to four drives giving you 24 internal ports total.
In this image you get to see the PCIe x8 lane connector and the massive heat sink that Areca went to.
I was able to find a couple of configurations on the e-tail market. Our sample arrived with a 1GB module, but you can purchase a 4GB upgrade kit or even purchase a controller with a 4GB module already installed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now