The MSI Twin Frozr II version of the GTX 560 gives us a good idea of how the model will perform with a milder overclock; in this case a little under 900MHz on the core. We can see that compared to the AMD offerings it battles it out with the HD 6950, but we've got a bit of an idea on the OC potential with what we saw from our first GTX 560 Ti.
Outside of the performance, though, which is excellent, you have to look at the Twin Frozr II cooler and what it does for the card. Unlike the previous generation GTX 400 cards, the GTX 500 series don't struggle with heat and while the GTX 460 didn't run hot, the GTX 560 makes it look like it ran hot.
The Twin Frozr II cooler on the GTX 560 Ti gives us a load temp of 54c. If you look at the cards around it, they're either significantly lower in specification or carry with them massive coolers like the Galaxy card with its triple slot, triple fan unit.
It's going to be really interesting to see what MSI do with this model; we're sure that a HAWK version of the card is going to come and if past experience is anything to go by, it's going to be a hell of a model. There's serious OC potential with the card, and it runs exceptionally cool and quiet. The latter facts are what's going to give us more head room than the competition, and that's going to be really important for NVIDIA.
The Twin Frozr II version of the GTX 560 doesn't leave us with the same wow factor we got from the first card we looked at, but that aggressive price tag, fantastic cooling performance and OC potential make the model look good nonetheless.
Out of the box you're going to have a good card. The fun's going to really begin, though, when you fire up MSI Afterburner and start to overclock that bad boy - A slightly different take on the GTX 560 Ti when compared to the first one we did. The good news is that MSI have aimed to make the card run cool and quiet, and they've achieved that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - PhysX Tests]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South