You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test productsin this article.
Even though we are winding down 2010 we plan to use our awesome 2010 test system well into 2011. Look for a few updates in the coming weeks.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used:2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
Zalman didn't mention in their spec sheet if their new N Series uses High IOPS programming or if the drive uses the standard configuration. We get to answer that for them in this test. The 4K test result was nearly 180MB/s, the magic number for High IOPS, or as they say on TV, It's in there. The standard programming drives are limited to around 130MB/s write speed at the 4K block size.
Our tests also show that Zalman is holding their claimed read and write speeds down a little. Here we see that we were able to achieve better results than what Zalman claims. The read test delivered just over 285MB/s and the write test delivered over 275MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 2.74 million Switch systems in first month
- Nintendo profits increase by 521%
- Tekken 7's boxing kangaroo nixed due to animal activists
- GeForce GT 1030 to cost $80, will compete against RX 550
- 'Kingsman' sequel releases first explosive trailer
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives