At CES this year we had the chance to talk to ASUS about some of their visions for the coming year as well as specifically about the P67 and Sandy Bridge. We were not surprised to hear that ASUS was thinking a little ahead of what we had heard from the other guys in terms of positioning their products.
Although we have seen other companies streamline their feature sets across an entire product line, what we have not seen is pushing boards in a pre-emptive way to ensure great overclocking. This is what ASUS has done; as we told you before, they are designing all of their new boards to handle a much higher power and thermal envelope from the beginning. This means that you should be able to get some pretty impressive clocks out of even your basic boards.
With that in mind, we are cracking open the box on one of our favourite lines of ASUS motherboards. This is the WS line; we have the P8P67 WS Revolution sitting on the test bench all ready to go. With its support for Three-Way SLI and Crossfire, Intel LAN chip and multiple USB 3.0 and SATA 3.0 ports, it is looking to be a nice new board. So what can this $269.99 motherboard do for you? - Let's find out, shall we?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [The BIOS]
- Page 5 [Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 7 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 8 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 9 [Synthetic Tests - Part III]
- Page 10 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 11 [Real-World Tests Part II]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- 8 minutes of new Prey gameplay footage released
- Titanfall 2 blog detailed the items of the in-game store
- AMD performance issues in Darksiders Warmastered fixed
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair