As far as testing goes, there really isn't much to report here. Installation of the unit was fairly simple and no different to any other enclosure we've tested. However, we did notice that it was slightly cramped inside the case due to the fact that it is a mini-tower, but that was to be expected.
The added case fans did their job well and lowered the system temperature by a couple of degrees. However, don't expect any drastic temperature reductions.
Overall, we were quite pleased with the Antec Plus 660AMG case. Although it doesn't offer anything too revolutionary, its solid, quality build, sleek look and small size make it ideal for those who frequently attend LAN parties or just don't have too much space in their home/office. Furthermore, the extra tidbits such as stock case fans, a lockable side panel, removeable HDD cage and TruePower 330-watt power supply are nice bonuses and the handy front ports allow for simple installation of USB and Firewire devices.
The bottom line is, if you are looking to upgrade your case and size doesn't matter (no pun intended), we have no problem recommending the Antec Plus 660AMG. Furthermore, at a price of around AU$220, you can't really go wrong. If only it was made out of aluminium.....
Plenty of drive bays
Lockable side panel
Stock case fans
Bundled TruePower 330-watt PSU
Front USB & Firewire ports
Slightly heavy as it is constructed of steel
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Antec 660AMG - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Antec 660AMG - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Antec 660AMG - Page 3 [The Outside]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New details emerge on Samsung Galaxy Note 7, new Gear VR headset
- Quake is being remade in Unreal Engine 4, and it could be awesome
- Xiaomi is rumored to announce a VR headset on August 1
- Farming Simulator 2017 gameplay trailer released
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has gone gold, is ready for August 24 release
- Can't use Google maps
- Main GA Z97X UD5H BK cannot boot with VGA R9 280X
- Z170 Deluxe Help Setup with RAID10 + SSD for OS
- C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio