Everest Random Access Time
Everest Ultimate and Corporate Edition offer several different benchmarks for testing and optimizing your system or network. The Random Access test is one of very few if not only that will measure hard drives random access times in hundredths of milliseconds as oppose to tens of milliseconds.
Drives with only one or two tests displayed in write the write test mean that they have failed the test and their Maximum and possibly their Average Scores were very high after the cached fills. This usually happens only with controllers manufactured by JMicron.
All of the Constellation and Constellation.2 drives in the chart operate at 7,200 RPM, so it's no surprise that all three access data at the same rates. The Western Digital VelociRaptor is a 10K RPM model, so it has the lowest access time.
The write access time is also very close with the Constellation drives in the chart and the same applies here. With all three drives being so close together on the timeline, not a lot of advancements were made in this area.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Seagate Constellation.2 1TB 2.5" HDD]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Crystal Disk Mark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Guillermo del Toro teases Silent Hills successor
- Leaked 1666: Amsterdam gameplay footage is darkly enchanting
- Doom's ultra nightmare mode is so hard id Software can't beat it
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare officially trademarked by Activision
- Vivendi buys more Ubisoft shares, takeover rumors begin
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched