So what are we left with? To me we are left with a mid tower chassis that offers plenty of modularity to run Crossfire or SLI, and since the hard drive racks are removable, that 305mm maximum length of the VGA is dependent on your final configuration. If you are going to remove the rack to allow for longer cards, why not use some of that new found room for an internal water cooling loop with a dual 140mm radiator while you are at it. Externally, you are left with a sleek black brushed aluminum finish with a front bezel reminiscent of older designs. The bright glow of the blue LEDs intake fans just takes this mid tower to the next level; sleek and attractive, with a touch of personal flair.
Assembly inside of the PC-V1020 is the easiest install in a Lian Li chassis to date. I have always loved the looks of these cases, and usually fought wiring and compulsive issues to tend to messy wiring. The PC-V1020 offers plenty of optional paths to keep things tidy like wire management clips for the power supply and the motherboard tray, on top of holes appointed for wiring like the 8-pin CPU lead, the 24-pin, and the VGA's can all be powered while still running behind the tray. The additional space left behind the tray in this chassis is much appreciated.
The airflow inside the chassis is top notch, and doesn't deliver too much of a hum to the environment. Giving you the option to power the fans with 3-pin connectors will allow for motherboard or fan controller style control of these fans, and the air flow and noise levels can then be easily controlled to personal comfort levels. I know a few of the Lian Li chassis' have already been around with built in caster setups, this being my first experience with them from Lian Li; I am really impressed with the level of detail to the wheels and protecting my surfaces, but also the locking feature to keep the chassis in place is really appreciated, especially if the floor in your house is slightly unlevel.
The Lian Li PC-V1020B and the other two variants are in stores now, and while I really liked the looks and style of the black version, the slightly more expensive red version with red LED fans and a black anodized interior would be my ultimate choice. Given the high price tag, you are at this point in one of two camps. One being that this is just too much money for a case and no amount of convincing is going to change that. The other camp is full of people who don't mid spending a bit more for a chassis that is designed with timeless elegance and a home for many rigs to come. In comparison to other high end cases, this price tag isn't out of line for what it has to offer. Keep in mind the Newegg.com listing at $249.99 is in the averages, and the careful shopper can find them for just a bit less, from some lesser known shops.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog