Today we'll be checking out the new Sapphire Pure Black X58 against our video card testbed machine that has served us well for so long; the ASRock X58 Extreme3. Both boards will be ran with our 980X at its default 3.33GHz clock, while the Sapphire Pure Black X58 will also have our 980X running at the max overclock we achieved.
For video we've used the fastest single GPU video card which is the MSI GTX 580 1536MB.
As we mentioned previously, our aim was 4.4GHz and we didn't have any problems getting to that in Windows and running our benchmarks. You can see our CPU-Z Validation here.
At this speed we had to unfortunately drop our memory speed down a little as the next option was over 2100MHz (which our RAM wasn't capable of doing).
On the top of overclocking, something that has to be mentioned is this is the highest we've been able to get our 980X at. Our original GIGABYTE X58 board managed only around the 4GHz to 4.1GHz mark. Our ASRock X58 Extreme 3 runs rock solid at 4.2GHz, but above that we don't have much luck with 4.3GHz booting, but issues in Windows, and definitely no ability to run a 32M HyperPI unlike our 4.4GHz clock we've achieved on the Sapphire Pure Black X58 today.
We've got a strong benchmark line-up which covers everything from CPU performance to video performance.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Dogs 2 updated on the PC, long list of fixes
- Del Toro: F*ck Konami, killing Silent Hills was moronic
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- 8 minutes of new Prey gameplay footage released
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset