Today we'll be checking out the new Sapphire Pure Black X58 against our video card testbed machine that has served us well for so long; the ASRock X58 Extreme3. Both boards will be ran with our 980X at its default 3.33GHz clock, while the Sapphire Pure Black X58 will also have our 980X running at the max overclock we achieved.
For video we've used the fastest single GPU video card which is the MSI GTX 580 1536MB.
As we mentioned previously, our aim was 4.4GHz and we didn't have any problems getting to that in Windows and running our benchmarks. You can see our CPU-Z Validation here.
At this speed we had to unfortunately drop our memory speed down a little as the next option was over 2100MHz (which our RAM wasn't capable of doing).
On the top of overclocking, something that has to be mentioned is this is the highest we've been able to get our 980X at. Our original GIGABYTE X58 board managed only around the 4GHz to 4.1GHz mark. Our ASRock X58 Extreme 3 runs rock solid at 4.2GHz, but above that we don't have much luck with 4.3GHz booting, but issues in Windows, and definitely no ability to run a 32M HyperPI unlike our 4.4GHz clock we've achieved on the Sapphire Pure Black X58 today.
We've got a strong benchmark line-up which covers everything from CPU performance to video performance.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 might be finished as Project Scorpio launch game
- Microsoft patents foldable smartphone
- Switch is all about 'playing games anywhere with anyone'
- Gabe Newell holding Reddit AmA tomorrow
- Stock Nintendo Switch JoyConGrip won't recharge JoyCons
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99