Inside the IN WIN IW-PP689 Server Chassis - Continued
On the other side of the center support for the case you will find a support for the large blue shroud at the top and support for long cards in the PCI slots like SAS cards, RAID cards, or even CAD oriented VGA's.
At the top the entire section has been dedicated to room for power. Getting a power supply in here is a bit tricky but it can be done. With an ATX power supply installed you will have a lot of room for wires you may not need to be stored here. When using a redundant power unit, they are nearly twice as long, but IN WIN was sure to provide plenty of room for them as well.
The motherboard tray is labeled so you can follow an alphabetically denoted placement for motherboard risers. Each series of board, ATX, CEB, and EEB use a different set that you follow for installation. The covering is made of plastic and also acts as an isolation material, just in case. The floor of the chassis is flat with no ventilation, as you can see by the black clips, the floor is taken up with the large foot assembly under this.
There is a large blue cage for a 38mm deep, 120mm fan, to be housed in. There isn't one included from IN WIN, but the cage with finger guard is a nice touch to keep your hands safe if you need to be working on the system while it still has power. Seven tool-less slots with vented covers take up what isn't perforated next to it at the bottom.
Cabling is well labeled and even though it starts from different places in the chassis, offers plenty of length to keep the wiring clean and out of the way. IN WIN offers a few well placed wiring holes in the center support to help section off the wires and keep things tidy. This wiring includes the USB 2.0 connection next to the HDD activity, LAN activity, and power LED connections. Then there are the three pins for the case intrusion LED, and that leaves the power and reset switches to the right.
Behind the tray there isn't a lot to be seen. No special access holes or wiring pass-thru holes to be found. This chassis isn't about looks, it's about function.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- NVIDIA showed off its next-gen HBM-based Pascal GPU in Japan recently
- Players attempt to enter nostalgia trip as CODPROMOD kicks on
- Check out these official DOCTOR WHO wired and wireless headphones
- A Full HD 16 inch display via USB, meet the AOC PRO
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog