Inside the IN WIN IW-PP689 Server Chassis
Before we get inside I wanted to point out the neat thumbscrews. There are permanently mounted to the door panels, and even in the unscrewed position, as seen here, it stays attached to the door and are easy to find when it comes time to replace these panels.
A large overview of the interior is where we are going to start. IN WIN does keep with the yellow/green tool-less tabs for the optical drives, but a bright blue is used for the accessories build into this chassis.
On the right half you have the three tool-less optical drive bays with a 3.5" drive under it that uses screws to mount the floppy drive. In this chassis there is one hot-swap cage sent with the chassis, and again is held in with the large blue tool-less slides on the side of the rack. The bottom section of drive bay has the clip for the cage, but will also take hard drives with the use of screws to mount them. In the middle, covered in plastic shrouds, there are 3 fans blowing air from this section into the left side.
Getting in a little closer you can see the PCB for the front USB connections as well as the power and reset wiring. They are connected to the bezel so when you remove it, be sure to have these and the LED wiring on the other side free.
With the fans removed you can see how well IN WIN allows for unimpeded airflow to the left side of the chassis. These large holes cut into the support are much better than the typical honeycomb shape usually found in cases. There is a large hole up top to allow for wiring to be easily routed down into the drive area, and with a few wire ties you can keep the airflow unblocked.
The left side, as shipped, has a large air diverter that covers the bulk of the top half of the motherboard, but leaves access to all the slots and cards that may be installed. The top of this side is left strictly as room for power. With a redundant server PSU it will take up most of this room, as I tested it with a PS/2 power supply, it left even more room to hold extra wiring.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis