Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Corsair has a new and improved website and that is where we snagged this image of the Force 90GB specifications at. For nearly the last year we've recommended SSDs with SandForce controllers for every capacity size other than 256GB. When we started out recommending these drives there were just the 100, 120 and 60GB, but now Corsair and SandForce have added numerous capacity sizes. All of the drives share the same features, though; they are all very fast and very resilient to "SSD Fragmentation", meaning they don't slow down over time.
When it comes to pricing, our favorite shop Newegg has stock available. The Corsair F90 at the time of writing was available for 189.99 USD. At that price the Corsair F90 is right on par with the OCZ Agility 2 and Vertex 2 90GB units. The Corsair drive also comes with a desktop 3.5" form factor adapter bracket and a standard 3 year warranty, so you are covered from any type of manufacturers defects for a few years.
For a time we had our fingers crossed and hoped to see the 120GB drives break the 200 USD price point in the US and prices were starting to go that way until recently. The 120GB drives are now back up to 240+ Dollars and I don't expect to see them fall to below 200 USD anytime soon. There is a chance of it happening once SandForce releases their next generation consumer model, but that will be at least March 2011 if not deeper into Q2. That leaves the 90GB Corsair Force as the prime contender for keeping under 200 Dollars.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Halo 5 has gone gold, campaign clocks in at between 8-12 hours
- PlayStation 4 universal remote to release late October
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent