Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Corsair has a new and improved website and that is where we snagged this image of the Force 90GB specifications at. For nearly the last year we've recommended SSDs with SandForce controllers for every capacity size other than 256GB. When we started out recommending these drives there were just the 100, 120 and 60GB, but now Corsair and SandForce have added numerous capacity sizes. All of the drives share the same features, though; they are all very fast and very resilient to "SSD Fragmentation", meaning they don't slow down over time.
When it comes to pricing, our favorite shop Newegg has stock available. The Corsair F90 at the time of writing was available for 189.99 USD. At that price the Corsair F90 is right on par with the OCZ Agility 2 and Vertex 2 90GB units. The Corsair drive also comes with a desktop 3.5" form factor adapter bracket and a standard 3 year warranty, so you are covered from any type of manufacturers defects for a few years.
For a time we had our fingers crossed and hoped to see the 120GB drives break the 200 USD price point in the US and prices were starting to go that way until recently. The 120GB drives are now back up to 240+ Dollars and I don't expect to see them fall to below 200 USD anytime soon. There is a chance of it happening once SandForce releases their next generation consumer model, but that will be at least March 2011 if not deeper into Q2. That leaves the 90GB Corsair Force as the prime contender for keeping under 200 Dollars.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD