Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Corsair has a new and improved website and that is where we snagged this image of the Force 90GB specifications at. For nearly the last year we've recommended SSDs with SandForce controllers for every capacity size other than 256GB. When we started out recommending these drives there were just the 100, 120 and 60GB, but now Corsair and SandForce have added numerous capacity sizes. All of the drives share the same features, though; they are all very fast and very resilient to "SSD Fragmentation", meaning they don't slow down over time.
When it comes to pricing, our favorite shop Newegg has stock available. The Corsair F90 at the time of writing was available for 189.99 USD. At that price the Corsair F90 is right on par with the OCZ Agility 2 and Vertex 2 90GB units. The Corsair drive also comes with a desktop 3.5" form factor adapter bracket and a standard 3 year warranty, so you are covered from any type of manufacturers defects for a few years.
For a time we had our fingers crossed and hoped to see the 120GB drives break the 200 USD price point in the US and prices were starting to go that way until recently. The 120GB drives are now back up to 240+ Dollars and I don't expect to see them fall to below 200 USD anytime soon. There is a chance of it happening once SandForce releases their next generation consumer model, but that will be at least March 2011 if not deeper into Q2. That leaves the 90GB Corsair Force as the prime contender for keeping under 200 Dollars.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One S now gets free game of choice from Microsoft
- Apple's total cost to manufacture the iPhone 7 is $225
- Dota 2 the first to host a tournament on a cruise ship
- NVIDIA chip in the 'next revolutionary Apple product'
- Our closest look at the Google Pixel smartphone yet
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now