Inside the Box
Opening things up, we see that Zalman has two boxes inside the exterior packaging. The top box contains only the power supply and the bottom box is for all modular cables and everything else included.
Inside the accessory box we find the modular cables, power cable, user manual, and a bag containing mounting screws, cable ties, and a Molex to dual 3-pin fan adapter.
One side of the ZM1000-HP Plus displays a label denoting the PSU.
The other side of the PSU shows quality assurance testing and model/serial numbers.
The top of the ZM1000-HP Plus is where you will find the I/O specification label.
Taking a look at the front of the power supply, we can see the various connections for the modular cables as well as an added vent for increased airflow.
The back utilizes a honeycomb mesh design that enables as much airflow as possible. The only spaces that obstruct airflow are the necessities: mounting holes, power switch, and power input.
The bottom of the ZM1000-HP shows off the large 140mm dual ball bearing fan and wire mesh grill.
One thing that we noticed was that Zalman didn't use a cable guard/grommet around where the wires exit the power supply. This wouldn't be a huge deal if all of the cable's sleeves started inside the PSU, but they don't. As you can see above, the wires are left to rub on the edge of the PSU housing and could possibly become bare over time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Volkswagen fraud settlement biggest in US history, hits $15 billion
- Dell's new 70-inch touchscreen for schools unveiled, costs $5000
- Battlefield 1 will have DX12 support, current alpha runs very smooth
- How the PS4 Neo and Xbox Scorpio are frustrating and confusing gamers
- Nintendo explains why its so secretive about the NX console
- Deleted driver software
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines