Inside the Box
Opening things up, we see that Zalman has two boxes inside the exterior packaging. The top box contains only the power supply and the bottom box is for all modular cables and everything else included.
Inside the accessory box we find the modular cables, power cable, user manual, and a bag containing mounting screws, cable ties, and a Molex to dual 3-pin fan adapter.
One side of the ZM1000-HP Plus displays a label denoting the PSU.
The other side of the PSU shows quality assurance testing and model/serial numbers.
The top of the ZM1000-HP Plus is where you will find the I/O specification label.
Taking a look at the front of the power supply, we can see the various connections for the modular cables as well as an added vent for increased airflow.
The back utilizes a honeycomb mesh design that enables as much airflow as possible. The only spaces that obstruct airflow are the necessities: mounting holes, power switch, and power input.
The bottom of the ZM1000-HP shows off the large 140mm dual ball bearing fan and wire mesh grill.
One thing that we noticed was that Zalman didn't use a cable guard/grommet around where the wires exit the power supply. This wouldn't be a huge deal if all of the cable's sleeves started inside the PSU, but they don't. As you can see above, the wires are left to rub on the edge of the PSU housing and could possibly become bare over time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Tesoro teases new IR key switches for Computex
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards