Inside the Box
Opening things up, we see that Zalman has two boxes inside the exterior packaging. The top box contains only the power supply and the bottom box is for all modular cables and everything else included.
Inside the accessory box we find the modular cables, power cable, user manual, and a bag containing mounting screws, cable ties, and a Molex to dual 3-pin fan adapter.
One side of the ZM1000-HP Plus displays a label denoting the PSU.
The other side of the PSU shows quality assurance testing and model/serial numbers.
The top of the ZM1000-HP Plus is where you will find the I/O specification label.
Taking a look at the front of the power supply, we can see the various connections for the modular cables as well as an added vent for increased airflow.
The back utilizes a honeycomb mesh design that enables as much airflow as possible. The only spaces that obstruct airflow are the necessities: mounting holes, power switch, and power input.
The bottom of the ZM1000-HP shows off the large 140mm dual ball bearing fan and wire mesh grill.
One thing that we noticed was that Zalman didn't use a cable guard/grommet around where the wires exit the power supply. This wouldn't be a huge deal if all of the cable's sleeves started inside the PSU, but they don't. As you can see above, the wires are left to rub on the edge of the PSU housing and could possibly become bare over time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox boss 'really happy' on Project Scorpio's progress
- First footage of Nintendo Switch's touchscreen in action
- Faraday Future receives only 60 deposits for the FF 91
- Huawei P10 to have the highest pricing in the series
- Honor 8 successor comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB ROM
- Asrock B150M-HDS problem
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017