I did not have any issues with this pair of CPUs. Both worked very well on the GIGABYTE 890GPA-UD3H. The problem actually came with the Cat 10.12 drivers. For some reason this driver set would not allow 3DMark 11 to run with either of these CPUs installed. It was driving me absolutely crazy and almost caused this review not to be ready in time to meet today's launch.
Originally I was certain that the cause was the CPU, as the test would fail at the first Physics test which is when the CPU first comes into play. In the end, though, it turned out to be the 8.80 driver that is in the Cat 10.12 package.
Thankfully there is an 8.79.1 driver that is also hiding in there. I was able to install that and miraculously things started working again. Unfortunately, as we mentioned, this issue ate up the majority of our testing time so we can only give you half of the story on the 840 today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Next iPhone might not be that spectacular after all...
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD