QNAP has made a change to their beautiful full color packaging with the new 659 Pro+ Turbo NAS. The company is now using a standard brown box with a couple of stickers. The main sticker lists some of the products features and specifications, but we really liked the old package that listed a lot of details.
The side of the package also has some features / specifications, but it's nothing like the old package that had full color graphics.
Inner packaging is just like it always has been. Here you can see that the main NAS is kept inside of a closed cell foam frame and the corners, the most susceptible to damage from a hard fall, are protected by at least three inches of material. The accessory package is kept in a separate area inside of another brown box. To damage the TS-659 Pro+ in shipping you would pretty much have to roll over it with an airplane.
The accessories package comes with the essentials. A quick start guide will get your new NAS up and running and a full manual is included on the CD in PDF form. Two Ethernet and a single power cable are also included with a full set of screws that are used to secure your drives to the drive sleds. A quick reminder that firmware updates are available is also included.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The QNAP TS-659 Pro+ Turbo NAS]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now