QNAP has made a change to their beautiful full color packaging with the new 659 Pro+ Turbo NAS. The company is now using a standard brown box with a couple of stickers. The main sticker lists some of the products features and specifications, but we really liked the old package that listed a lot of details.
The side of the package also has some features / specifications, but it's nothing like the old package that had full color graphics.
Inner packaging is just like it always has been. Here you can see that the main NAS is kept inside of a closed cell foam frame and the corners, the most susceptible to damage from a hard fall, are protected by at least three inches of material. The accessory package is kept in a separate area inside of another brown box. To damage the TS-659 Pro+ in shipping you would pretty much have to roll over it with an airplane.
The accessories package comes with the essentials. A quick start guide will get your new NAS up and running and a full manual is included on the CD in PDF form. Two Ethernet and a single power cable are also included with a full set of screws that are used to secure your drives to the drive sleds. A quick reminder that firmware updates are available is also included.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The QNAP TS-659 Pro+ Turbo NAS]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung confirms faulty batteries caused Note7 fiasco
- Hugo Barra is leaving Xiaomi next month
- 'Terminator' to wrap with creator James Cameron's return
- PC gaming hardware market hits $30 billion
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni