QNAP has made a change to their beautiful full color packaging with the new 659 Pro+ Turbo NAS. The company is now using a standard brown box with a couple of stickers. The main sticker lists some of the products features and specifications, but we really liked the old package that listed a lot of details.
The side of the package also has some features / specifications, but it's nothing like the old package that had full color graphics.
Inner packaging is just like it always has been. Here you can see that the main NAS is kept inside of a closed cell foam frame and the corners, the most susceptible to damage from a hard fall, are protected by at least three inches of material. The accessory package is kept in a separate area inside of another brown box. To damage the TS-659 Pro+ in shipping you would pretty much have to roll over it with an airplane.
The accessories package comes with the essentials. A quick start guide will get your new NAS up and running and a full manual is included on the CD in PDF form. Two Ethernet and a single power cable are also included with a full set of screws that are used to secure your drives to the drive sleds. A quick reminder that firmware updates are available is also included.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The QNAP TS-659 Pro+ Turbo NAS]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks GLORIOUS in 1080p 60FPS
- Xbox One X day one 'Scorpio Edition' console teased
- Galaxy Note 8 might rock next-gen Qualcomm camera tech
- ASUS STRIX Vega 64 trades blows with reference Vega 64
- AMD addresses Radeon RX Vega pricing, stock issues
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes