We have told you before (even before this article) that you will not be able to overclock the new Socket 1155 CPU by BLCK. This is because of the way the power gates and the power system in general is designed. That does not mean you cannot kick up the multiplier, though.
When we took our Core i7-2600K for its initial spin we were able to push it up to 4.7GHz (47x100). This was accomplished at 1.425 Volts and everything was rock solid. In fact, it was not that hard to get this speed. We were able to do a full OC using the stock Multiplier and then again adjusting the individual cores to a 48 Multi. Not much to it really. Memory clocking was much simpler as we were able to just set it at 1600MHz and run instead of trying to find the right divider for stable memory performance.
The Core i5-2500K was just as simple to kick into high gear. We started out with the same voltage settings and tried for a 50 multiplier. However, at this speed and voltage we could not even post and had to reset the BIOS to go on. After we were finished with that we tried for something a little lower (47). This proved to be our max on this CPU as anything over that speed resulted in blue screens and reboots. Still, going from 3.3GHz to 4.7GHz is nothing to be sneezed at.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 mobile game to feature microtransactions galore
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes