For my personal use this Antec ISK100 has replaced the Thermaltake I had sitting here. Optical media is almost a thing of the past with the exception of Blu-ray. With the advent of streaming systems like Netflix, getting a movie on demand in any form is as easy as a click of a button, so the lack of any option for an optical drive bay doesn't hurt this product one bit. Its thin stature allows me to sit it next to my audio components, and with the 100mm TwoCool fan cooling things over the passive option of my previous chassis, I feel much better housing my Atom build in this ISK100.
Now, things inside and out are very spartan. Antec shows that you don't need a bunch of extras and a ton of space to make a chassis worth its weight. The ISK100 is the antithesis of doing what is needed and nothing more. While doing just the basics, Antec still offers an attractive solution to any environment. This chassis will look good in the cabinet next to the rest of the home theater, or even just sitting on a table top to save some room for a web browser and email machine. If you are looking to take a mini-ITX board and get away with one of the smallest chassis' on the planet, look no further than Antec.
For me the price point isn't so important, as this chassis was the perfect solution to my needs, and it just so happened to show up with great timing. When I look for a solution to a problem, I will tend to pay a bit more for the exact solution versus spending a bit less and not being happy with the results of my budget investment. For the size and features of the chassis, I think the asking price listed on Newegg.com at $79.99 isn't out of the real of realistic pricing, but does come in quite a bit more expensive than the Element Q we just looked at. It really came down to need over options for my build, and this may not be what you are looking for. I took the cooling option with form and function over large and clunky.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- Razer offers Aussie LoL fans a ticket for worldwide travel
- CCleaner hits Windows 10, helping users clear junk out of their system
- CybertronPC first to add support for AMD Radeon R9 NANO video card
- SilverStone hits the storage market again, hot-swap RAID rack release
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- Razer Leviathan 5.1 Channel Gaming Sound Bar and Sub Review
- ASRock Z97 Extreme4 Fast BOOT Issue
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20