Inside The Antec ISK100 Mini-ITX Chassis
Behind the door panel you can see the 100mm TwoCool fan. Coming out of the top is the wire with a 3-pin header on it. Just below in the lower left corner is where you will find the two position switch for the fan. To get the panel off, remove the two screws, and then just lift the panel from the back. There is no sliding involved; just little tabs along the edge that pop in and out of place for access.
With the panels out of the way it is much easier to see what is offered on the inside. At the top you see the included PCB to condition the power and add a more stable source for your motherboard. Coming from the front I/O on the right is a large group of wiring. The tray to the left of the wiring is where the hard drives are placed, then the motherboard over the top of them.
The wiring from the I/O has plenty of length to get you cleanly around the chassis. Included in these connections are two USB headers, one audio header, and the power, HDD activity, and power LED connections.
Things are very tight inside this chassis. The front I/O has the USB section which is very thick and you need to be cautious when sliding the motherboard past this during the install.
Antec includes a PCB to go along with the 90 watt adapter to power this chassis. This is put in place to give more stable voltage and allow for the best power and conditioning from the wall.
For those who want a close look at the PCB, I pulled it out to get a better look.
I also found that Antec took steps to prevent any mishaps inside the ISK100. The PCB was installed over this red-ish, thick paper isolation material. This will keep any of the solder points or long ends of the caps and resistors from grounding out on the chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis