Inside The Antec ISK100 Mini-ITX Chassis
Behind the door panel you can see the 100mm TwoCool fan. Coming out of the top is the wire with a 3-pin header on it. Just below in the lower left corner is where you will find the two position switch for the fan. To get the panel off, remove the two screws, and then just lift the panel from the back. There is no sliding involved; just little tabs along the edge that pop in and out of place for access.
With the panels out of the way it is much easier to see what is offered on the inside. At the top you see the included PCB to condition the power and add a more stable source for your motherboard. Coming from the front I/O on the right is a large group of wiring. The tray to the left of the wiring is where the hard drives are placed, then the motherboard over the top of them.
The wiring from the I/O has plenty of length to get you cleanly around the chassis. Included in these connections are two USB headers, one audio header, and the power, HDD activity, and power LED connections.
Things are very tight inside this chassis. The front I/O has the USB section which is very thick and you need to be cautious when sliding the motherboard past this during the install.
Antec includes a PCB to go along with the 90 watt adapter to power this chassis. This is put in place to give more stable voltage and allow for the best power and conditioning from the wall.
For those who want a close look at the PCB, I pulled it out to get a better look.
I also found that Antec took steps to prevent any mishaps inside the ISK100. The PCB was installed over this red-ish, thick paper isolation material. This will keep any of the solder points or long ends of the caps and resistors from grounding out on the chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Marvel Studios founder to bring Borderlands to the big screen
- ASUS starts teasing the ROG MATRIX video cards are on their way
- Skylake-powered Retina MacBook models are on their way
- HTC co-founder gets a second job at a visual effects company
- Razer announces a new customizable Xbox One controller for $150
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20