Inside The Antec ISK100 Mini-ITX Chassis
Behind the door panel you can see the 100mm TwoCool fan. Coming out of the top is the wire with a 3-pin header on it. Just below in the lower left corner is where you will find the two position switch for the fan. To get the panel off, remove the two screws, and then just lift the panel from the back. There is no sliding involved; just little tabs along the edge that pop in and out of place for access.
With the panels out of the way it is much easier to see what is offered on the inside. At the top you see the included PCB to condition the power and add a more stable source for your motherboard. Coming from the front I/O on the right is a large group of wiring. The tray to the left of the wiring is where the hard drives are placed, then the motherboard over the top of them.
The wiring from the I/O has plenty of length to get you cleanly around the chassis. Included in these connections are two USB headers, one audio header, and the power, HDD activity, and power LED connections.
Things are very tight inside this chassis. The front I/O has the USB section which is very thick and you need to be cautious when sliding the motherboard past this during the install.
Antec includes a PCB to go along with the 90 watt adapter to power this chassis. This is put in place to give more stable voltage and allow for the best power and conditioning from the wall.
For those who want a close look at the PCB, I pulled it out to get a better look.
I also found that Antec took steps to prevent any mishaps inside the ISK100. The PCB was installed over this red-ish, thick paper isolation material. This will keep any of the solder points or long ends of the caps and resistors from grounding out on the chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take-Two kills GTA V's Red Dead Redemption mod
- Cassini's image shows tiny Earth between Saturn's rings
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops