Everything that you need to use up the full 875W of power offered by the Toughpower XT 875W is here. As I mentioned before, the only native cables on the PSU are the main and ATX4+4/EPS12V cables. The rest are modular and include two 6+2 pin PCI-E cables, two 6 pin PCI-E cables, six Molex connectors, eight SATA connectors, and a single floppy connector.
As has been the trend with many power supplies lately, the Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875W uses a single 12V rail for power delivery. There isn't much to mention here other than that it negates the need for even power distribution amongst the rails.
A Look Inside
Opening things up, we can see a trio of heatsinks cooling the power supply. There is a lot going on inside the Toughpower XT 875W, but it is organized well so that air can permeate and cool throughout the entire unit.
Interestingly enough, Thermaltake only uses a single capacitor on the primary side. It is a Japanese made Nippon Chemi-con cap.
Despite the build quality throughout the entire power supply, we see that Thermaltake is still using Taiwanese manufactured Teapo capacitors on the secondary.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ashley Madison growing, including almost 90K women last week
- Square Enix: Final Fantasy XV will launch to gamers sometime in 2016
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided scheduled for Feb. 23, 2016 launch
- Konami: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is 'stunning' on PC
- New $499 Elite Xbox One model sports 1TB SSDHD, Elite controller
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20