Everything that you need to use up the full 875W of power offered by the Toughpower XT 875W is here. As I mentioned before, the only native cables on the PSU are the main and ATX4+4/EPS12V cables. The rest are modular and include two 6+2 pin PCI-E cables, two 6 pin PCI-E cables, six Molex connectors, eight SATA connectors, and a single floppy connector.
As has been the trend with many power supplies lately, the Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875W uses a single 12V rail for power delivery. There isn't much to mention here other than that it negates the need for even power distribution amongst the rails.
A Look Inside
Opening things up, we can see a trio of heatsinks cooling the power supply. There is a lot going on inside the Toughpower XT 875W, but it is organized well so that air can permeate and cool throughout the entire unit.
Interestingly enough, Thermaltake only uses a single capacitor on the primary side. It is a Japanese made Nippon Chemi-con cap.
Despite the build quality throughout the entire power supply, we see that Thermaltake is still using Taiwanese manufactured Teapo capacitors on the secondary.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA ordered to pay each GeForce GTX 970 $30 over VRAM controversy
- Facebook now has over 1.7 billion monthly active users
- Pokemon NO! Parents start naming babies after Pokemon GO characters
- Disney developing 'Rocketeer' sequel
- Free multiplayer modes coming to Doom tomorrrow, Deathmatch later on
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio