Real-World OpenGL Benchmarks
Quake III Arena
Quake III Arena is a real-world OpenGL benchmark that we have been using here at TweakTown for quite a while now because it has proven itself to be one of the best gaming benchmarks around to compare a wide range of different products. Quake III is getting very old, but is still the best way of testing video and PC systems for any instabilities and best performance.
Quake III may be old, but it is the best game for checking out stability and stressing the components.
Star Trek Voyager
Star Trek Voyager is another real-world OpenGL benchmark. Based on the Quake III Arena engine, this game is an OpenGL master utilizing DirectX 8. We also apply the new Opt3D patch to allow for the use of Hardware T&L as well as new optimizations for AMD Athlon XP and Pentium 4 SSE2.
Star Trek Voyager, being so closely based on Quake III, gives us a similar display curve.
Jedi Knight II
Jedi Knight II, Jedi Outcast is a newly released OpenGL game that many have been waiting for. It has greatly improved graphics over its predecessor and it fully supports advanced shaders, as well as very high texture resolutions and effects. There is one demo included in the multi-player section that is good for benchmarking use. In order to enable the benchmarking mode, you have to make a shortcut to the jk2mp.exe program located in the GameData folder of Jedi Knight 2. You have to put the switch "+set sv_cheats1" (no quotes) at the end of the line in the Target Area so that it looks like this: C:\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\jk2mp.exe" +set sv_cheats 1. The demo file used is jk2ffa.
Jedi Knight is highly based on DX 8.1 code and shows a great performance boost over i845G.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- EPoX 4SDA5+ - Page 1 [Introduction]
- EPoX 4SDA5+ - Page 2 [Specifications]
- EPoX 4SDA5+ - Page 3 [Features]
- EPoX 4SDA5+ - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- EPoX 4SDA5+ - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- EPoX 4SDA5+ - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC]
- EPoX 4SDA5+ - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- EPoX 4SDA5+ - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- EPoX 4SDA5+ - Page 9 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- Hideo Kojima: The players are everything, I get my energy from them
- ASUS unveils a Windows 10-powered PC-on-a-stick with the new VivoStick
- You can now download Epic's awesome 'Showdown' VR experience
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015