The Avenger rolled into town in a plain brown system box.
Underneath the top flap, we find a glimpse of the foam brackets that cushion the system during transit, as well as the MSI motherboard packaging, which has been repurposed as the accessories box.
As we dig deeper, we see that V3 has also reused the Antec "Twelve Hundred" chassis packaging for the inner box.
Freed from its cardboard and foam prison, we get our first look at the Avenger. Using a combination of matte and glossy textures along with a clear window, gives the system a sleek, monochromatic appearance.
V3 has applied vinyl logo decals on both sides of the chassis to spruce it up a bit.
The full ATX chassis has plenty of room inside and no shortage of fans, including the large 200mm one on top.
The Blu-ray drive occupies the uppermost optical bay. Just above that we have the front I/O, which consists of two USB 2.0 ports, an eSATA port, and mic & headphone jacks.
Rear I/O consists of PS/2 keyboard and mouse inputs, optical and coaxial S/PDIF outs, 2xUSB2.0, 2xSATA, FireWire, 2xUSB3.0, Ethernet, and multi-channel analog audio outs. Each of the three GPUs have DVI and HDMI outs.
Inside we see the Asetek liquid CPU cooler and radiator, as well as the three ZOTAC GTX 480 GPUs stacked on top of one another. Even with four physical hard drives installed, there's still room for more. The components are all hooked up with a nice, tidy wiring job - something we definitely expect to see in a system from a boutique builder.
Documentation & Accessories
The accessories box contained a few cables and the manuals for several of the internal components.
A black binder contained a ZOTAC driver disc and a disc of DirectX 11 and CUDA technology demos, as well as an invoice and Steam download coupons for Mafia II and Napoleon: Total War.
The 3D Vision kit includes the rechargeable glasses, two USB cables, transmitter, documentation, and two extra nosepieces for the glasses.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Halo 5 has gone gold, campaign clocks in at between 8-12 hours
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent