The ZEROtherm ZT-560D / ZT-570D CPU Coolers
The ZT-560D on the left is identical to the ZT-570D from all angles. A thick aluminum plate holds the copper base plate and the four, 6mm diameter heat pipes to the mounting system. The pipes make a tight bend on the left so they may return to the horizontal run of fifty-eight fins. These coolers are then cooled with a clear, 92mm fan with blue LEDs in the hub.
With the tight bend of the heat pipes it allows both the 560 and 570 to sit in just about any chassis. With around 77mm needed for clearance it makes these a great candidate over a stock cooler in a HTPC or other SFF chassis. Between the fan and the fins there are no anti-vibration measures taken; it makes me wonder what the fan will do when I send 12V through the 4-pin PWM connection.
Both sides are designed the same. Both sides have a groove cut into the edge of the fins to allow the plastic tabs on the side of the 92mm fan to lock onto the cooler. You can also see that the ending section of fins is cut shorter in length. This is to allow access to the mounting hardware without needing a special tool in already cramped conditions.
This side of the coolers shows the base plate, heat pipe, and mounting hardware sandwich. The pipes are soldered into the base, as the fins come back over the top; the fifty-eight fins are pressed onto the pipes and are proud of the last fin.
The top view shows that the fan covers the fin arrangement very well. Most of the area that the fan would not have covered is removed so that you may use a long Phillip's screwdriver to mount these into place.
Under the coolers you are greeted with the mounting legs surrounding an exposed copper base. From its time being shipped the copper on both bases and the heat pipes are very oxidized. For testing I will remove the oxidation from the bases before I test. A simple sticker over the bases would have combated this from the factory, although it wouldn't have helped the heat pipes.
I chose the all copper ZT-570D to show the condition of the base. It is milled fairly flat, with only slight distortion to the base. As I tested both bases with a razor blade, the copper section is level as can be, and are ever so slightly taller than the surrounding aluminum on the two sides.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The ZEROtherm ZT-560D / ZT-570D CPU Coolers]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft announces that Forza Motorsport 6 has gone gold
- It looks like there were only 12,000 'real' women on Ashley Madison
- Tomb Raider goes mobile with turn-based puzzle game 'Lara Croft Go'
- Dell unveils a new 27-inch QHD G-Sync monitor, priced at $799
- 'The Iron Giant' theatrical re-release gets first trailer
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20