Although our time with 3DMark 11 was limited to a couple of days, we still have to say we rather like the new benchmark. It is much cleaner than any of the previous versions and also adds in more than one feature that we have been waiting for (IQ testing).
Futuremark is in an unenviable position. They have the job of building a test that is balanced and fair across the board. In a perfect world everyone would be happy with this. However, we do not live in that world. We live in one where we take sides and polarize everything. This new test will annoy AMD users as much as it will NVIDIA owners.
To me, if you can piss off both houses then you have probably got it right. We think that while no synthetic will ever be a replacement for real usage, Futuremark does an excellent job of combining the multiple parts of gaming into one test that can give you a good solid feel for how your system will perform under the stress of modern gaming.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- System Shock Remastered renamed System Shock, is now a reboot
- Woman wins $10,000 in forced Windows 10 upgrade case
- Design your own AI with this online training
- AMD's next-gen AM4 socket pictured on the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Impact
- Tesla inks $9 billion deal to build a new factory in China
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines