Although our time with 3DMark 11 was limited to a couple of days, we still have to say we rather like the new benchmark. It is much cleaner than any of the previous versions and also adds in more than one feature that we have been waiting for (IQ testing).
Futuremark is in an unenviable position. They have the job of building a test that is balanced and fair across the board. In a perfect world everyone would be happy with this. However, we do not live in that world. We live in one where we take sides and polarize everything. This new test will annoy AMD users as much as it will NVIDIA owners.
To me, if you can piss off both houses then you have probably got it right. We think that while no synthetic will ever be a replacement for real usage, Futuremark does an excellent job of combining the multiple parts of gaming into one test that can give you a good solid feel for how your system will perform under the stress of modern gaming.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gmail Android notifications bug fix rolling out this week
- AMD's next-gen Opteron to have 32 cores, 8-channel DDR4 support
- This ASUS-powered custom PC based around Far Cry Primal looks insane!
- LG G5 will feature always-on display
- Fight hordes of demons in the Neverwinter: Underdark expansion
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance