Looking at the cooler, you can see the dual fan design that Gainward has opted for. This isn't the first time we've seen this design with it being present on previous GLH cards. The reference card will carry with it the same design as the GTX 580, which means it should carry with it the same noise levels. It will be interesting to see how the GLH fan goes against the GTX 580 and its fan.
Like the GTX 580, the GTX 570 GLH carries with it a single 6-Pin and 8-Pin PCI-E connector. It has to be said, though, that the reference design carries with it two 6-Pin PCI-E connectors. For most it won't be too big a deal, but it's something that's worth noting. On the SLI front we've got the same two SLI connectors which will support up to a maximum of three cards, like the GTX 470 did.
On the connectivity front we've got two Dual-Link DVI connectors along with a single HDMI and DisplayPort connector. This is again a shift from the reference design which carries two Dual-Link DVI connectors and a mini-HDMI port. This isn't the first time we've seen Gainward offer us a little more value, though, when it comes to connectors.
For a second it could be hard to mistake the GTX 570 for a GTX 480 due to some very similar numbers. The biggest number you'll see between the two cards is the Shader count which comes in at 480 on both cards.
Across the board the clocks are slightly up on the GTX 570 when compared to the GTX 480; we've got 732MHz on the core and 1464MHz on the Shader which is compared to 701MHz and 1401MHz.
The memory clock is also up to 3800MHz QDR verses 3696MHz QDR; the main difference here, though, is that the GTX 570 carries with it only 1280MB of GDDR5 instead of 1536MB. What that means is our memory bus comes in slightly lower than the GTX 480 at 320-bit instead of 384 bit. 320-bit is the same number that we saw on the GTX 470; this is really the only similarity between the GTX 570 and GTX 470, though.
Of course, we're not dealing with just any ole' GTX 570 here, we're dealing with a Goes Like Hell Edition from Gainward which means more POWAH!
As you can see above in the GPU-Z screen shot, our core has been bumped up to 800MHz; this has in turn bumped the Shader clock to 1600MHz. It wouldn't be a GLH Edition card, though, if the memory wasn't also bumped up and you can see that Gainward has pushed that to 4000MHz QDR.
These are some really impressive numbers and it will be interesting to see not just how this card compares to the new GTX 580, but also how it fairs against the older GTX 480 as while the memory bus is a little lower, the clocks are a good chunk higher now that Gainward has attacked them.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - PhysX Tests]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 8 minutes of new Prey gameplay footage released
- Titanfall 2 blog detailed the items of the in-game store
- AMD performance issues in Darksiders Warmastered fixed
- Microsoft testing Gears of War 4 PC, console crossplay
- Final Fantasy XV ships five million units in first day
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair