With the GTX 580 launch being extremely rough for us, there was no way the GTX 570 launch could be any rougher. Still, it wasn't easy with the card shipping to us at the last minute and me having to personally pick it up from the courier depot nothing short of 15 hours ago so that I could get this review to you.
Still, everything went to some form of plan in the end and at least I'm able to bring you the GTX 570 review the second the NDA lifts; even if it does have to share the lime light a little with 3DMark 11. I'm not sure if it was done on purpose by one of the companies or what, but you would assume that they both can't be that happy; you'd think we'd have a little bit of space between the two launches. Really, though, it doesn't matter now.
What does matter is that we're looking at the GTX 570 here; the replacement to the GTX 470 which really hasn't existed for a bit now. Over the past few months it's been all about two models from NVIDIA; the GTX 480 which was the fastest single GPU card on the market, and the GTX 460. The latter could beat a GTX 480 when it was paired up with a second card. It costs less and supported surround vision. It was a killer card and SLI was a killer combination that just yielded massive performance. The GTX 460 was one of the first cards to bring real value to the SLI market.
Gainward has been able to step straight out of the box at launch, though, with the GTX 570 and bring us a Goes Like Hell edition straight away. The GLH series has lived true to its name over the recent launches and we've got our fingers crossed that it holds some truth here, too. Before we cover the performance, though, let's take a look at the package Gainward has put together while also taking the time to have a closer look at the card itself.
Checking out the package, you're not going to see anything that you haven't seen before. Looking at the front of the box, though, you can see we're dealing with a Goes Like Hell edition card which is always a good thing. The only thing that might look a bit different is the power connector. This particular one is a dual 6-Pin PCI-E to 8-Pin PCI-E connector.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - PhysX Tests]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Google is trying to make 4K video less demanding on your connection
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Battlefield 4 'Summer update' arrives on September 1
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20