The AMD Phenom II 1100T is a great addition to AMD's lineup. It is solid enough to compare favorably to some of Intel's 1156 CPUs that cost upwards of $60 more (like the i7 875K). Like all Phenoms, it does lack good memory performance and can become quickly bogged down by large instructions. We see this in the HyperPi testing that we ran.
Fortunately the 1100T still does very well in production work and can also hold its own when it comes to rendering and also transcoding. In fact, in our Cinebench R11.5 testing the 1100T was second only to the Core i7 980X (comparing only stock speeds).
We do want to revisit this CPU and see if it overclocks better than its older brother, the Phenom II X6 1090T, but for now we can say that if you are looking for a good multi-core CPU that won't break the bank, the Six Core AMD Phenom II X6 1100T is probably what you are looking for.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The best-paid CEO in the US is Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google
- 1Password updated, features Material Design UI and fingerprint unlock
- Ubisoft says The Division being held back on PC 'simply not true'
- Telstra outage in Australia caused by 'embarrassing human error'
- Explosive new 'Independence Day' TV spot, poster go live
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance