During our first run of testing we started to have some issues. These were minor items that we thought were related to the CPU, but later turned out to be a larger issue with the motherboard we used for testing.
We found that our primary test platform was going bad, and ended up dying on us right in the middle of the first test runs for overclocking. As this happened we had to scramble to get a new board in place to run all of our tests again.
Unfortunately we were not able to revisit overclocking on the new platform and will have to revisit it in another article. Thankfully our new test bed seems to be able to handle the load very well.