From our benchmarking results, we now know the module can perform at its rated specifications. However, I'm sure many of you are wondering exactly how far the XMS3200 Cl2 module can be clocked above this. Entering the BIOS, we began by setting the CPU/DDR/AGP/PCI divider to 133/200/66/33. This means that the memory was running at 200MHz while the FSB was still running its default speed of 133MHz. We then proceeded to bump up the FSB, until we reached our maximum stable speed of 217MHz at a memory voltage of 2.8v and an FSB of 145MHz. To run at this speed we had to set our CAS timings to 2.5-3-3-3.
This is a very impressive overclock, however, we're quite sure that the module is capable of much more, as it is clear that the SiS648 chipset on our SR7-8X has difficulty running at high FSB speeds.
Overall, we were very impressed with the Corsair XMS3200 memory module. It is fast, stable and most importantly, can withstand high clock speeds, making it ideal for overclockers who like to gain the maximum performance out of their hardware. That said, coming in at an RRP of AU$220, it may be out of reach for some of you. However, premium quality does come at a premium price.
The bottom line is, if you are a hardcore overclocker looking to upgrade your memory module(s), you won't find much better than Corsair's XMS3200. However, if you are not overclocking you would probably be better off with something a little cheaper such as Kingmax or Crucial.
Can run at aggressive CAS timings
Rating - 9/10 Search for the best price on Corsair XMS3200 256MB Memory! PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below. United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website. United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website. Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017