For many, the type of memory used is not too much of a concern and the cheapest module is often the most satisfying. However, for overclockers, memory is one of the most important components of the whole PC. Why? Well, on many motherboards as you increase the FSB (front side bus) to overclock your processor, your memory bus, PCI bus and AGP bus all increase in clock speed as well. While some current motherboards now feature dividers that allow you to lock your memory bus at speeds of your choice, your module still needs to be able to run at high speeds while keeping low CAS timings.
For years now, Corsair has been the number one memory manufacturers for overclockers. Not only have their modules been able to reach higher speeds than the competition, but they have also been able to do this while keeping latency timings to a minimum. We have recently had the chance to take a look at Corsair's latest product, XMS3200. Can Corsair continue to raise the bar in the memory market? Read on to find out!
Memory amount: 256MB
Access time: 6.0ns
Implemented using 32M x 8M DDR SDRAMs with 6.0ns access time
100% tested at 200MHz in high performance systems
Integrated aluminium heat spreader for improved thermal performance
Each module is tested in either an EPoX EP-8K3A and/or Asustek P4S333 at 200MHz
Latency: 2-3-3-3-1T if one module is installed
Latency: 2.5-6-3-3-2T if two modules are installed
SPD programmed at proposed JEDEC values of PC2700 (PC3200 not defined by JEDEC yet)
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Take home 'Pete's Dragon' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- 'Stranger Things' director talks bigger, darker season 2
- Samsung's new Galaxy S8 looks amazing in leaked videos
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017